Saturday, May 25, 2013

Turning Negativity into Positivity


This is so true for me! If something is going horribly wrong, I love nothing more than being able to whinge about it,, to anyone and everyone who will listen.  Why? I don't know.  None of the suggestions that people come up with are ever "right" for my situation.  Perhaps I love misery.....

However I am determined to change this mindset.  When someone asks? How are you Cat? I will only reply with positive statements no matter what is happening.  This makes me feel better.  It reminds me of the good things in life. 

I listened to a sermon from Phil Dooley (Pastor of Hillsong South Africa) last night and he talked about Simon Peter who was in Jesus presence in a storm at sea.  Simon Peter was in the boat, Jesus was on the water.  When Jesus said "COME" Simon Peter got out of the boat and followed Jesus.  No questions ask.  Simon Peter knew that in the storm, that miracles only happened where Jesus was.  I need to do that.  I need to get OUT of the boat and TRUST Christ.  I can't just sit around and hope that the miracle of good health finds me.  I need to seek Christ, follow him and TRUST him.

In order to do this I need to STOP talking about the negativity in my life and START giving thanks for the positives.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful :-) Yes, life is a positive, if we stop and think there is always positives we have.

    ReplyDelete